Friday, September 13, 2013

here.

This is my journal entry from the plane ride I wanted to share: "It's finally here. I am on the plane. I look out the window. We are above the clouds. It's incredible. Trying to grasp just exactly what is happening. So basically, I bought a one-way ticket to Uganda. I have been waiting for this moment. Yes, this exact one. Ha. I knew it would come. This moment where it is just me and my thoughts, where I can quiet my mind and actually think. Since August 1st, up until this point, I have been spending each and every moment possible with any and every person that would spend it wilth me. I've been to the Carolinas, Texas, Colorado, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Alexandria, Ruston, Georgetown...driving, laughing, singing, dancing...just enjoying this life and the people in it. It was a beautiful season, but man it was a whirlwind. And I am spent. But now this moment has come. The moment when I finally come to terms with what I've gotten myself into, haha. And let me tell you, I am all in. I don't feel overwhelmed. I don't feel dreadful or afraid. I just feel "here", if you will, in a good way. I'm not wishing I were back home and I'm not wishing I were living some other life. I am just here. Haha. And I just randomly opened my bible, and I read: "Here am I. Send me!" Here am I. Pretty simple, eh? Here am I, looking out this airplane window, hand in hand with my creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment