Friday, April 8, 2011

dross

I learned a new word tonight... dross: scum. worthless matter. Malachi 3:3 He will sit like a refiner of silver, burning away the dross. He will purify the Levites, refining them like gold and silver, so that they may once again offer acceptable sacrifices to the Lord. So this is where I am at in my life...I am at this place of refinement. Getting rid of the dross. The worthless matters in my life. The scum that is contaminating my soul. And this has been such a hard time for me. Getting rid of things in my life that are hindering my walk with Christ is changing my whole entire life...so crazy. so unfamiliar. and so painful. But I am tired of settling. I do NOT want to be a "nice Christian girl". I don't. barf. I desire to be like Elisabeth Elliot, who brought the gospel to the very people who martyrd her husband. Corrie TenBoom, my hero, who listened so intently to the voice of the Holy Spirit as she traveled the world sharing the Good News. Amy Carmichael, Betty Stamm, Catherine Booth... So I'm trying to yield to refinement and get rid of the dross in my life. That I "may once again offer acceptable sacrifices to the Lord." "The fire only leaves behind whatever is of worth." -jj heller

No comments:

Post a Comment