Sunday, June 26, 2011

Feed My Sheep Ministries

Hello! Here are some of my sweet new friends from Feed My Sheep homeless center, downtown Glenwood Springs. The shelter began with a woman, who after being saved, was reading her bible and asking God what He wanted from her. After reading John 21, she knew the Lord wanted her to "feed his sheep"! So she bagan this ministry. She has passed on, but Feed My Sheep is still going strong. And it's a beautiful place that ministers to many, turning no one down.
They are amazing, beautiful people! They have welcomed me into their family! I love spending time with them and hearing their stories.


Rainy





Mrs. Susan. She is a beautiful soul, full of joy!




Carol and Mr. Charlie. He is a character! We love to walk him everyday :)




This is a view of the valley I'm staying in, from the top of Doc Holliday Mountain. Yep, I climbed a mountain! It's so beautiful!! It's been in the 90s lately. ALMOST reminds me of good ol' Louisiana. Ohhhh, i miss that place...

The dandilions here are massive and beautiful!!



Oh, and there was a graveyard at the top of Doc Holliday Mountain, including a memorial for Doc Holliday...if anyone knows who he is, please fill me in.


These flowers remind me of my lovely mama! :)

So, I am enjoying my time here in CO. I go to work in Utah for my first shift this Wednesday. I'll be in the wilderness, no cell phone, no showers, for 8 days. I am excited, a little nervous! I am in here until the Lord leads me elsewhere...I'm not real sure what He is up to. But I do know that He has provided for me so faithfully and has me here for some purpose, surely.

3 comments:

  1. Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday and the shoot out at the O K Corrall. My parents told me that much! Lol apparently it's back from te days of Billy the Kid. Doc was a dentist. It was lots of bits of information. Love you! ~becca lacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. just watch tombstone and it will fill you in on him well atleast from hollywoods view lol hope you're havin fun mill!!!

    ReplyDelete